Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are used to make certain aspects of web sites work, such as shopping carts.
What are cookies?
All the first party cookies that are set directly by this website are strictly necessary cookies to allow visitors to place items from our online shop into a shopping cart.
You can choose to allow cookies or not by changing the settings in your browser. You can also delete cookies already stored on you device.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
Broadly speaking, there are two different type of cookies:
1) First party cookies – these are set directly by the web site that you are visiting.
2) Third party cookies – these are set by an organisation other than owner of the web site that you are visiting, for example to allow visitors to watch a video on the web site.
Cookies may either be "session cookies", meaning that they will only be stored until you close your Internet browser, or "persistent cookies" which will be stored on your device until their expiraton date as set within the cookie.
Types of cookies
We categorise cookies using the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) UK Cookie Guide, published in April 2012.
1) Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the web site and use its features, such as shopping baskets or e-billing.
2) Performance cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use a web site, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
3) Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
4) Advertising cookies: These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
Categories of cookies
Registered charity number 1120461 (formerly 293570)